Customers are requesting continued service from our sector to maintain compliance with HSE Regulations and keep their workplaces safe.
In response to the current Coronavirus situation and to keep our staff and customers safe, we have created as attached a statement which details how our business is managing this situation. This statement has newly implemented steps to make our inspection service ‘Contact Free’ which means that:
1. Our inspection is a visual inspection and we have no need to make physical contact with other persons or equipment at our customers sites
2. We have been supplied with foam hand sanitisers to sanitise hands before we come onto customers sites
3. We will bring minimal equipment onto site such as a tablet to record the inspection, measuring tape and torch
4. All equipment will be sanitised/wiped down using anti-virus and anti-bacterial wipes that have been supplied to our inspectors
5. We will no longer be asking for a signature on our tablet
6. Maintain a distance of 2 metres or 3 steps away from other persons
7. Will not use kitchens or other similar facilities at our customer’s site
8. Will sanitise hands before opening doors at customer’s sites
9. Will follow advice on washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after using toilet facilities
Signs of Coronavirus symptoms and self isolation:
1. We will follow current government guidance and self-isolate for a minimum of 7 days. If our staff are self-isolating due to another member of their household has a new continuous cough or a high temperature then our staff will self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days. If they start to show symptoms as detailed above then they would continue to self-isolate for 7 days which could begin during the original 14 day period. See the attached illustration that we have provided to our staff and follows Government Guidance.
2. We have assurance that our salaries will be unaffected for the full duration of any self-isolation
3. We will not attend site if we notice any signs of a new continuous cough or a high temperature
4. We will leave site immediately if we notice any signs of a new continuous cough or a high temperature
5. We will leave site immediately if we begin a continual bout of sneezing
6. Any coughs or sneezing will be caught in a tissue or into our elbows
7. Tissues will be taken off site and stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags will be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste and will then be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put into external waste bins.